Jacksonville Port Ministries (A ministry outreach of the Jacksonville Baptist Association).
- Provides spiritual, physical and social ministry to international seafarers representing 100 different countries.
- We operate two International Seafarer
- Centers at the Port of Jacksonville.
- Port Chaplains, volunteers and mission groups provide ministry on ships and at the centers.
- We provide and maintain a chapel at the Jacksonville International Airport open 24 hours a day.
Many seafarers describe their lives at sea, as “being in prison”, “isolated”, and “lonely” but they make the sacrifice to provide better living conditions and opportunities for their loved ones back home. They have emphasized strongly that their “feelings at sea” are greatly improved by free transportation to the international seafarer centers where they can telephone their families, use e-mail, watch television, read magazines, play table games and simply relax. They also appreciate the free transportation to the shopping malls, church and when time permits, sightseeing. Our port chaplains often tell me about the opportunities they have to share the gospel with seafarers as they transport seafarers from the ships. Transporting seafarers is a vital part of our port ministry.
John and Barbara Arnett are members of Denver Baptist Church. Both are retired and serve in this vital ministry. For more information on how you can assist, please visit this link: http://www.jaxbaptist.org/jacksonville-port-ministries
or contact Pastor David Sexton at (704) 483-3030, extension 350.